Accessible exercise at home
Seated exercises tailored to people with a variety of mobility abilities, deafness and blindness.
What’s on offer?
If you want to get fit and feel healthier at home, our online seated exercise programme is ideal.
Choose from any of the following or all three.
Relaxing Iyengar Yoga
Strength-building Arm Exercise
Exercises are tailored to people with a variety of disabilities and abilities. We can also offer interpretation for BAME and sign language to the deaf community upon request.
Who can take part?
- If you are 16 and over (with those between 16 – 18 needing to be accompanied by an adult during a zoom)
- Have a physical disability or long term condition
- Want to have fun and get fit
You can take part in our FREE online seated exercise programme taster course.
Funded by the National lottery Community Fund, it is an ideal way to get fit, have fun and meet new people.
So if you want to take control of your wellbeing, or have been feeling isolated at home during Covid 19, join us and get fit and healthy from your own home.
How does it work?
After an initial assessment of your needs, you’ll get the green light to join our supportive group exercise classes.
Each week, our experienced instructors will take you through seated exercises that are tailored to people with a range of physical abilities.
You’ll build strength, flexibility and confidence.
And get a feel-good hit of happy hormones – endorphins – every time you exercise.
Taking part is easy
- Use the form below to express an interest
- Complete a questionnaire and a 1-2-1 phone consultation about your health conditions. This will mean our instructors are aware of your physical abilities and can tailor the content accordingly.
- Join us for 4 x interactive exercise classes online via Zoom. There will be one instructor and up to ten participants joining in. (If you have very complex needs, 1-2-1 classes may be possible)
- Keep up the good work with four further weeks of recorded exercise sessions.
What you need
A tablet or laptop
WiFi or mobile data
A Zoom account
Don’t worry if you’ve not used Zoom before. We can talk you through it before you start.
Some exercises might need equipment but this isn’t essential.
You’ll be able to use items found around your home. For example, instead of hand weights you can use tins of beans, instead of a resistance band you can use a scarf.
Ready to get fit and have fun?
Fill in the form below to apply to the programme.